Coen Sushi & Donburi Japanese Restaurant

I work near really nice cafes and restaurants which is good for my tummy but not for my wallet haha. One of my usual lunch spots to get my Japanese fix will be the Coen Japanese Restaurant in Mt Eden Road.

You will probably ask me what's so special with this Japanese restaurant? Well not only that it's just a minute walk from my work but they have the nicest staff and good service that goes with their good food. 

They have most of the staple Japanese sushi and meals but the two things that stand out is the Grilled Salmon Sushi and the Teriyaki Chicken meal (I forgot the proper name for them but yeah:P)

Here are a couple of Teriyaki Chicken photos




And yes I know I eat it too much Teriyaki chicken! Even the person working there asked me if I get sick of it. You know the feeling when you're just so hungry and all you want to do is eat your usual meal and get full. I think I can say this is my comfort food at the moment? 

The Teriyaki chicken has the right sweetness to it that makes it tasty for me. Then you also have your salad on the side and rice to complete your meal! Ever since I started ordering this dish, the portion has always been the same which is quite decent for its price.




I kid you not but this is one of the best salmon sushi I have ever tasted! It wasn't too fishy and you can taste that it was grilled enough to keep that nice salmon taste to it. I would recommend for you to sprinkle some chili powder and dunk it in soy sauce to make it tastier:)

The service is fast so you don't have to wait too long. They also have free hot tea and water to push down that sushi goodness.

If you are in the area and looking to get some Jap try them out.

Coen Sushi & Donburi Japanese Restaurant
450 Mt Eden Road, Mt Eden Village, Auckland




0 comments: